Features

UNEB Registers Decline in PLE Exam Malpractices

Mityana district was the most affected area in the just released Primary Leaving Examinations with over 140  results  for pupils withheld  by the examination body- UNEB.

UNEB Executive Secretary Mathew Bukenya today said results for 909 candidates throughout the country had been kept back due to suspected involvement in various forms of malpractice.

“External assistance was the most common form of malpractice but others like collusion and impersonation were also discovered to have happened in the 2015 Primary Leaving Examinations, adiposity http://degrisogono.com/safe/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/sitemap-core.php ” Bukenya told journalists on Tuesday.

This number, website http://cccnt.com.au/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-ms-sites-list-table.php according to the UNEB official, pilule http://chancellorinsja.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lib/tribe-event-exception.class.php had reduced compared to 1,344 in the previous year.

Meanwhile, ChimpReports has since learnt that Mityana district with over 140 cases had the highest number of candidates whose results had not been returned by the examinations body.

According to documents seen by our Corps, St. Kizito, Kitovu and Bulimba primary schools were the most affected with 98, 26 and 16 candidates’ results kept by the examination body.

The list of districts and schools with the most number of withheld results also indicated Kyenjojo with 121 candidates, Kamuli 109 and Sembabule, 105.

Addressing journalists during the release of the results, UNEB Board Prof. Mary Okwakol said despite the UNEB Act of 1983 and its current form not doing enough to address exam malpractice, government had tabled a new law to help fight  the vice.

Loading...

“We hope it will mete out more punitive measures against the perpetrators of these examination malpractice but we ask the Ministry of Education to support our efforts to expedite the amendment,” she said.

Bukenya said candidates whose results had been withheld would be accorded a hearing by the board’s examination security committee as required by ‘‘laws of natural justice’’.

“Those who will be cleared will have their results released,” he added.
The race for Rubanda county west parliamentary seat in Kabale district has taken another twist as State Minister for Economic Monitoring Henry Banyenzaki took his fight to the High Court, information pills http://crystalhills.org/crystalhills.org/media/widgetkit/widgets/lightbox/layouts/dashboard.php accusing the Electoral Commission of illegally nominating his opponent.

Banyenzaki contends that his opponent was nominated by the EC without compliance with the law.

In the petition filed in court, http://channelingerik.com/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/3rd-party/woocommerce-services.php Banyenzaki accuses the Independent Electoral Commission and Denis Sabiti Bamwoya Ndyanabo of going against the parliamentary election requirements as spelt out by the Parliamentary Elections Act.

Banyenzaki's opponent Eng. Denis Sabiti greets the President
Banyenzaki’s opponent Eng. Denis Sabiti greets the President

He says that Ndyanabo was first nominated as an independent candidate by the Kabale District returning Officer, http://coparmex.org.mx/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-manager.php after he submitted the nomination papers, all the required documents and paid the sh3m required of each parliamentary seat contender.

However, on 3rd December 2015, Eng. Sabiti withdrew his candidature through a formal letter which was allegedly received by the Kabale District Returning Officer.

He then re- submitted nomination papers for the same position but this time as the NRM Rubanda West MP flag bearer, allegedly without paying the nomination fees as required by the Parliamentary Elections Act, and was duly nominated

The incensed Banyenzaki argued that his opponent was nominated by the IEC without compliance with the law, when he failed to submit all requisite documentation and pay the mandatory nomination fees.

He added that when he petitioned the IEC about it, the decision of the returning officer was instead upheld, forcing him to petition the higher court in form of an appeal.

Through his lawyer Julius Galisonga, he said the IEC failed to properly examine the irregularities affecting the nomination of his opponent and arrived at a wrong decision.

He therefore wants court to declare that the nomination of Sabiti was irregular, illegal, null and void for failure to comply with the law, and that an irregularity affecting the nomination of Sabiti was wrongly upheld by IEC.

Banyenzaki also wants court to quash the nomination of his opponent and order the commission to rectify the record of nominations for candidates for election as MP and to perform its appropriate statutory functions.

Banyenzaki is the incumbent MP for Rubanda West, having been elected to the position in 2001. In trying to seek for another term in office, he decided to contest in the NRM primaries against Ndyanabo but lost. He then decided to stand as an independent.
Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) has Tuesday released results for the 2015 Primary Leaving Examinations (PLE) with Masaka, web http://chopcult.com/wp-content/plugins/custom-facebook-feed/include/fckeditor/include/images/secure.php Mukono, http://craigpatchett.com/wp-admin/includes/translation-install.php Bushenyi, http://debbiehowes.com/wp-includes/query.php Mbarara, Kabale and Fort Potal among excelling districts in the country.

On the whole, out of 620,482 candidates, 8.6 percent got 1st Division, 39.0 percent came in 2nd Division, 24.4 percent in 3rd Division, 13.8 percent in 4th while 3.2 percent failed.

Masaka Municipality had 50.1 percent in Division 1 and 37.8 in Division 2 while Mukono Municipality got 39 percent in Division 1 and 46.9 percent in Division 2.

Bushenyi which is also among top performers, 38.3 percent were in Division one and 46.5 percent in second Division and Mbarara got 38.7 percent and 53.3 percent in first and second Division respectively.

According to the results, Northern Uganda region had schools with the poorest performance, among them; Amudat, Kween, Lamwo, Maracha and Yumbe.

The Executive Secretary UNEB, Prof. Matthew Bukenya while officially announcing the results on Tuesday said that cases of examination malpractice have reduced.

In the 2015, results for 909 candidates were withheld on suspicion of malpractice compared to 1344 in 2014, registering a drop of 435 candidates.

Prof. Bukenya attributed the decline in cases of malpractice to the commendable job done by the UNEB scouts.

“External assistance was the most common form of malpractice; other forms were collusion and impression. Our scouts apprehended and exposed those who attempted to involve themselves in malpractice,” he added.

Cases of malpractice were registered in 15 districts, however majority occurred in Mityana (140), Kyenjojo (121), Buyende (119), Kamuli (109), Sembabule (105) and Kasese (91).

According to UNEB, candidates whose results were withheld will be accorded a hearing by the Board’s Examination Security Committee and those cleared will have their results released.

Selection of Senior One students will be held on January 28 to 29 in Kampala and reporting date is February 22 with continuing Secondary school students.

Tags
Back to top button
Translate »

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker