South Sudan

South Sudan Rebels Expelled from Uganda

World football governing body, cost http://centthor.com/wp-admin/includes/image-edit.php FIFA has selected a single judge, http://davepallone.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-site-icon.php Geoff Thompson to handle a transfer dispute between Uganda Cranes player Joseph Ochaya and Ghana League Champions Asante Kotoko.

Ochaya who formerly played for Asante Kotoko sought assistance from FIFA after his employers failed to fulfill part of his contract terms which forced him to return to Uganda last year.

The player has not played competitive football since mid-last year since he abandoned the Ghanaian team after failing to obtain an international transfer certificate. He however has been training with his former Club KCCA FC in Kampala hoping that he is cleared and joins the team on a permanent basis.

FIFA gave the Ghana FA an ultimatum of January 20th, 2015 to prove Ochaya cannot be given an International Transfer Certificate (ITB), a deadline which the Ghana FA was able to beat.

Edgar Watson, the Chief Executive Officer of the Uganda FA said on Monday that they had received a letter from FIFA indicating that the single judge Thompson has been selected to decide on the matter before the end of this month since the Ghana FA had given their explanation.

Two other Ugandan players Emmanuel Okwi and Godfrey Walusimbi have in the past had FIFA force their respective clubs Etoile Du Sahel and Don Bosco FC respectively to release the players because of reported breach of contract.

World football governing body, store http://crijpa.fr/wp-admin/includes/ms-deprecated.php FIFA has selected a single judge, look http://consumermedsafety.org/media/widgetkit/widgets/map/layouts/item.php Geoff Thompson to handle a transfer dispute between Uganda Cranes player Joseph Ochaya and Ghana League Champions Asante Kotoko.

Ochaya who formerly played for Asante Kotoko sought assistance from FIFA after his employers failed to fulfill part of his contract terms which forced him to return to Uganda last year.

The player has not played competitive football since mid-last year since he abandoned the Ghanaian team after failing to obtain an international transfer certificate. He however has been training with his former Club KCCA FC in Kampala hoping that he is cleared and joins the team on a permanent basis.

FIFA gave the Ghana FA an ultimatum of January 20th, decease http://comeduraredipiu.com/wp-content/plugins/thrive-leads/editor-templates/post_footer/nine_set_vms_step1.php 2015 to prove Ochaya cannot be given an International Transfer Certificate (ITB), a deadline which the Ghana FA was able to beat.

Edgar Watson, the Chief Executive Officer of the Uganda FA said on Monday that they had received a letter from FIFA indicating that the single judge Thompson has been selected to decide on the matter before the end of this month since the Ghana FA had given their explanation.

Two other Ugandan players Emmanuel Okwi and Godfrey Walusimbi have in the past had FIFA force their respective clubs Etoile Du Sahel and Don Bosco FC respectively to release the players because of reported breach of contract.

President Museveni has ordered the expulsion of South Sudan rebel group’s members from Kampala and closure of their office as the Ugandan army intensifies drills and deployment of its finest and battle-hardened elite military crack units for a protracted war in the troubled vast nation.

The rebel movement’s spokesperson, medications http://dakarlives.com/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack-autoupdate.php Mabior Garang, http://danmarknorge.org/wp-admin/includes/options.php Tuesday described Museveni’s directive as a “wrong decision.”

He further stated that while both governments of President Salva Kiir and Museveni will go, http://comeandcheck.it/wp-includes/author-template.php the good relations between Ugandans the South Sudanese will continue to flourish.

Mabior said the Kampala office had enabled them coordinate with Ugandan officials on peacefully resolving the conflict.

Having bled Uganda’s economy for almost two years, the South Sudan conflict was expected to be cured with a power sharing deal between former Vice President Riek Machar and Salva Kiir in Ethiopia recently.

However, Machar insisted on being named president of the transitional government. He also demanded that he maintains full control of his armed militia as Kiir takes charge of the mainstream SPLA.

The regional mediating body rejected Machar’s demands.

Highly placed sources say a visibly angry Museveni prematurely left the IGAD discussions in Addis Ababa last week for a ‘wealth creation tour’ of Busoga.

Loading...

“Museveni believes Machar is not being honest on the future of South Sudan. He wants presidency at all costs, a seat Kiir is not willing to release,” said a reliable source.

“Museveni’s strategy of returning peace to South Sudan is now changing from diplomacy to military action,” the source added.

Chimpreports understands that the SPLA rebels’ office is now shut and the group’s members are being told to leave the country.

Over the weekend, reports filtered in, showing UPDF had stepped up preparations for combat action against Machar’s rebels.

And on Tuesday morning, rebels attacked the oil-rich town of Bentiu, shelling government positions.

South Sudan Defence Minister Kuol Manyang Juuk condemned the attacks, saying they were intended to “derail peaceful efforts to end the conflict.”

The Governments of Uganda and South Sudan last week renewed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Military Assistance to South Sudan for another four months.

Dr Crispus Kiyonga and Juuk, who signed on behalf of their respective governments, expressed happiness that on February 2, 2015, the two clashing sides in South Sudan conflict had committed themselves to the path of reconciliation and stabilization.

“It is hoped that by March 5, 2015, the two sides will have reached agreement on the way forward,” they said in a joint communique.

They, however, pointed out that despite the seemingly positive trends in the country, “the Situation in South Sudan had not fully stabilized” and that, “the two sides agreed to renew the Military Assistance Agreement between the two countries for a further four months.”

“In order to give chance to for the stabilization process, we are today signing for an extension of Military Assistance to South Sudan and we shall again review in four months time to determine the next cause of action. The last time we reviewed was in October 2014,” said Dr Kiyonga.

Observers say the latest clashes are likely to encourage the international community to slap sanctions on Machar and Kiir for falling short of finding a political solution to their differences.

The humanitarian consequences of fighting in South Sudan continue to be grave: 2.5 million people urgently need food, with thousands of children suffering from malnutrition.

Massive displacement continues with an estimated 2 million people having fled their homes, half of whom are children.

About 1.5 million people are displaced inside South Sudan, with almost 500,000 having fled to neighbouring countries.

Tags
Back to top button
Translate »

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker