The new KCCA Executive Director Dorothy Kisaka has this morning paid a courtesy visit to the Kampala Lord Mayor Erias Lukwago’s Office.
Kisaka was welcomed by Lukwago who later shared with her his plans and strategies for steering the city as she takes on her tour of duty.
“The interface was also intended facilitate getting to know one another more as they make arrangements for improving the City in a participatory and inclusive way,” a source said.
The Lord Mayor underscored the key tenets that guide his leadership and policy direction summarized in the six principles and guidelines that were endorsed by the electorate in Kampala while making a social contract with him.
The same were later presented before the Authority and unanimously approved and these are;
- Corporate Governance and Rule of Law
- Proper Planning and Sustainable Transformation
- Accountability and Transparency
- Equity and Social Justice
- Frugality and Prioritization in the Budgeting processes
- Promoting Kampala as a Hub for Investment and Tourism
The two later took a tour of the Lord Mayor’s parlor and gardens as discussions carried on. Dorothy Kisaka replaced Eng. Andrew Kitaka, who has been the acting KCCA Executive Director since Jennifer Musisi resigned in December 2018.