News

NRM Activists Vow to Meet Museveni at All Costs

The National Resistance Movement (NRM) Media Activists have launched an ‘operation talk to the President’, a campaign which they hope to execute Thursday next week.

These activists vowed to see the President without fail and they strongly announced that nothing will be able to stop them, not even bullets.

They called upon all Ugandans who have ever got an appointment to see the President and failed, to all come in huge numbers on Thursday February 8th to gather at Railway grounds and head to the State house.

While addressing the Media at Seascallop Restaurant in Kamwokya this morning, Didas Ninkora, who is the group’s social media manager, bravely said:

“We have noticed with concern that majority of Ugandans are frustrated in the process of meeting the President by the people who act as ruminants around him.

“A few days ago, we got arrested in Entebbe on our way to meet the President who had invited us on January 23rd at 17:30 hours. We have noticed that the PPS and Entebbe Police conspired to arrest us and stopped us from meeting the President. Many people have been victims, but we are now determined, we are like wounded lions and nothing can stop us to take our concerns to the President, not even bullets!!”

Dumba Joseph said: “We are poor, we can’t even afford good Schools for our children yet we speak for the Party in Power, enough is enough, let’s go and meet the President.”

Ndemeire Aaron, Martha Kwagala, Lemigio Mugema, Norbert Twizire, Katongole Kiti, Juma Tiyejuza and Mastullah Nangoobi were some of the Media Activists members who were present. 

Loading...

Where does the trouble stem from?

These NRM Media Activists, as they call themselves, on November 22nd last year wrote a letter to Museveni requesting for an appointment so as they could present to him their problems.

They reportedly wanted to ask the president among other things to fund their media programs on radio, television and social media

They (media Activists) claim that the President accepted their request.

However, as they were heading to see the President on January 23rd this year, five (5) of these activists were arrested and the Entebbe Police claimed that they were blocking the president’s convoy at Entebbe central market.

The five were consequently taken to Kigo Prison.

Two days ago, the arrested; Martha Kwagala, Didas Ninkora, Remegio Ngonzi, Aaron Ndemire Kasaija and Ronald Muhairwe were released on bail.

Joanita Muwanika, the Entebbe Grade One magistrate, adjourned the court to March 5 when the matter will come up for hearing.

The group has now vowed to do all in their abilities to ensure they meet the President come Thursday next week.

Tags
Back to top button
Translate »

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker