News

Nantaba To CID: Museveni Told Me To Stay Home

The State Minister for ICT Idah Nantaba Erios has confirmed that she was put under house arrest since Friday evening, chimp corps report.

In a letter to the Police Directorate of Criminal Investigations, Nantaba said that she cannot appear at Kibuli CID Headquarters to record a statement.

The minister had been invited to make a statement regarding her attempted murder last week in an incident in which a one Ronald Ssebulime was shot dead by the police.

“I Am unable to report in person having been directed by His Excellency the president to confine within my premises until he himself instructs otherwise,” Nantaba said in a letter.

She added that in such circumstances, “I am constrained to travel to Kibuli CID Headquarters as you requested. But you may in the meantime consider visiting my premises to record the statement.”

However in her earlier statement to the media, the minister maintained that her life was under threat and stated that the suspect, now deceased Ssebulime wanted to take her life.

She also blamed the police for having put the deceased suspect out of action before recording a statement from him.

Early this week, police retracted its earlier statement regarding the incident and said that the suspect was wrongly killed by its police officers.

Loading...

Three police officers manning Nagalama Police 999 patrol were arrested and charged with murder and availing wrong information to their seniors.

Tags
Back to top button
Translate »

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker