News

Nantaba Case: Investigations Halted As Ssebulime’s Family Threaten To Sue Police

Police has said that it has halted investigations into incidents that surrounded the alleged attempted murder of Minister of State for ICT Aidah Nantaba.

According to the law enforcement body, the minister has not appeared at the Directorate of Criminal Investigations where she had been invited to record a statement.

On Friday last week, Nantaba responded to CID summons saying she had been advised by president Museveni to stay home until further communication.

Addressing the press at Naguru, Police Spokesperson CP Fred Enanga said that the directorate acknowledged her response saying that “We are waiting for communication from the Minister of Internal Affairs that puts a hold on that file in which she’s the main complainant.”

Mr Enanga also said that basing on the Internal Affairs Minister guidance, Nantaba can be compelled to record a statement from police headquarters despite her inviting them at her residence.

From the preliminary investigations into the shooting of the late Ronald Ssebulime, Police said that facts indicate that Oscar Ssali was the active shooter in the incident.

Mr Enaga also told journalists that the arrested police officers have been subjected to psychiatric tests which proved normal and guns were also subjected to ballistic analysis.

The police also reviewed and reconstructed the scene of crime including obtaining a detailed investigation from the witnesses in Nagojje.

Loading...

About the phone that was found with Ssebulime, police publicist revealed that phone data analysis has been retrieved from both MTN and Airtel.

However, Police has advised the family of the deceased to guard against individuals who have started politicizing the incident and asked them to cooperate with the security agency as investigations are still underway.

Mr Fred Enanga noted that family members were advised by political opportunists to shun a meeting with directorate of political commiserate that had been called last week at Bulaga LC1 offices.

 

Meanwhile, the late Ssebulime’s family through their Lawyers of Muwada and Company Advocates have served police with a notice to sue, which Mr Enanga said that they’re waiting to be effected.

Tags
Back to top button
Translate »

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker