Election 2016Politics

Museveni Warns on L. Albert Destruction as 300 Defect to NRM

Seven Ugandan women have been facilitated to return home from a shelter jointly operated by the Saudi Ministry of Labour and Ministry of Social Affairs in Riyadh, information pills http://crossfitabf.com/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/modules/select.php following intervention by the Ugandan Embassy in Riyadh, information pills http://cleverlink.com.au/components/com_k2/views/item/view.raw.php Saudi Arabia.

This brought relief to affected families whose loved ones were stranded at the shelter due to failure to pay for their return air tickets home.

A total of 24 Ugandan women were found at the shelter.

The intervention was made by senior officials from the Embassy of Uganda in Riyadh, http://chat.novaintermed.ro/wp-includes/class-ixr.php Saudi Arabia, led by the Ambassador, H.E. Dr. Sheikh Rashid Yahya Ssemuddu and Mr Daniel Mulekezi.

This followed complaints from young women of Ugandan origin who called the Embassy seeking its intervention in a bid to get their freedom.

“We are in daily contact with them and efforts are underway to have the rest of the girls return home in the coming few days and we are working closely with Mr Pius Bigirimana – The PS, Ministry of Labor,” said the Ambassador.

The development comes at a time when the Minister of Gender, Labour and Social Development, Hon. Wilson Mukasa Muruli announced a ban on the recruitment and export of housemaids.

The shelter was set up to house migrant workers with pending issues, including those who abscond and run away from their employers, those who are stranded and cannot pay for their tickets home and illegal workers caught in sting operations by authorities in Saudi Arabia.

Loading...

“We discovered that many of the young girls were brought to Saudi Arabia on promises that could not be met by those who recruited them. Others were young and travelled on falsified documents. On reaching Saudi Arabia, they couldn’t take on the work load and therefore refused to work. Most of the cases involved human trafficking,” said Ambassador Ssemuddu, following the meeting and in-depth interviews of the young women at the Shelter at the Weekend.

The Ambassador welcomed the measures taken by the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development, saying that it should help government to re-establish full control over the matter of labour export with respect to housemaids and other categories of domestic workers.

The Embassy has also received communication from the Ministry of Labour of Saudi Arabia, that the Ministry was planning to schedule a meeting with its counterpart in Uganda to discuss modalities for implementation of the bilateral agreement signed between the two trade partners last year.

While details of the plans have not been shared yet, it’s expected that the meeting would address how the two countries would work towards eradication of existing problems and challenges in the labour export value chain.

Meanwhile the Embassy of Uganda in Saudi Arabia said it was working closely with Samaoc Holdings Limited, a company contracted by the government of Uganda to monitor and oversee Ugandan migrant workers in Saudi Arabia.

Officials said the company has started operation in Uganda and is currently in the process of establishing working relations with all licensed labour export companies through activation of their access to the new recruitment and monitoring platform.

Ambassador Ssemuddu said the internet-based system is designed to ensure that only licensed companies will have access to the Saudi market, and that they would in turn deal with only licensed companies in Saudi Arabia through a password-protected secure access.

Officials said Tuesday the platform will be integrated with the External Employment Management Information System (EEMIS) of the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development later this year.

The Ambassador said in his office in Riyadh today: “Our people should remain calm because we have known all the problems and their sources and we are going to deal with them. We have discovered that a big number of our girls is being recruited by Kenyan recruitment Companies to Oman.”

“By working with all the stakeholders amongst government ministries and departments. Our people will be linked to decent employers through equally decent processes following the law. When we do this, we shall not have any serious problems but only some challenges”.
Seven Ugandan women have been facilitated to return home from a shelter jointly operated by the Saudi Ministry of Labour and Ministry of Social Affairs in Riyadh, help http://caveat.co.za/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php following intervention by the Ugandan Embassy in Riyadh, this web Saudi Arabia.

This brought relief to affected families whose loved ones were stranded at the shelter due to failure to pay for their return air tickets home.

A total of 24 Ugandan women were found at the shelter. They arrived at Entebbe International Airport on Monday night.

The intervention was made by senior officials from the Embassy of Uganda in Riyadh, check Saudi Arabia, led by the Ambassador, H.E. Dr. Sheikh Rashid Yahya Ssemuddu and Mr Daniel Mulekezi.

This followed complaints from young women of Ugandan origin who called the Embassy seeking its intervention in a bid to get their freedom.

“We are in daily contact with them and efforts are underway to have the rest of the girls return home in the coming few days and we are working closely with Mr Pius Bigirimana – The PS, Ministry of Labor,” said the Ambassador.

The development comes at a time when the Minister of Gender, Labour and Social Development, Hon. Wilson Mukasa Muruli announced a ban on the recruitment and export of housemaids.

The shelter was set up to house migrant workers with pending issues, including those who abscond and run away from their employers, those who are stranded and cannot pay for their tickets home and illegal workers caught in sting operations by authorities in Saudi Arabia.

“We discovered that many of the young girls were brought to Saudi Arabia on promises that could not be met by those who recruited them. Others were young and travelled on falsified documents. On reaching Saudi Arabia, they couldn’t take on the work load and therefore refused to work. Most of the cases involved human trafficking,” said Ambassador Ssemuddu, following the meeting and in-depth interviews of the young women at the Shelter at the Weekend.

The Ambassador welcomed the measures taken by the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development, saying that it should help government to re-establish full control over the matter of labour export with respect to housemaids and other categories of domestic workers.

The Embassy has also received communication from the Ministry of Labour of Saudi Arabia, that the Ministry was planning to schedule a meeting with its counterpart in Uganda to discuss modalities for implementation of the bilateral agreement signed between the two trade partners last year.

While details of the plans have not been shared yet, it’s expected that the meeting would address how the two countries would work towards eradication of existing problems and challenges in the labour export value chain.

Meanwhile the Embassy of Uganda in Saudi Arabia said it was working closely with Samaoc Holdings Limited, a company contracted by the government of Uganda to monitor and oversee Ugandan migrant workers in Saudi Arabia.

Officials said the company has started operation in Uganda and is currently in the process of establishing working relations with all licensed labour export companies through activation of their access to the new recruitment and monitoring platform.

Ambassador Ssemuddu said the internet-based system is designed to ensure that only licensed companies will have access to the Saudi market, and that they would in turn deal with only licensed companies in Saudi Arabia through a password-protected secure access.

Officials said Tuesday the platform will be integrated with the External Employment Management Information System (EEMIS) of the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development later this year.

The Ambassador said in his office in Riyadh today: “Our people should remain calm because we have known all the problems and their sources and we are going to deal with them. We have discovered that a big number of our girls is being recruited by Kenyan recruitment Companies to Oman.”

“By working with all the stakeholders amongst government ministries and departments. Our people will be linked to decent employers through equally decent processes following the law. When we do this, we shall not have any serious problems but only some challenges”.
President Museveni has warned the people of Buliisa district against spoiling L. Albert through bad fishing methods which he said have depleted the lake of almost all the fish.

Museveni was on Monday afternoon addressing a rally at Ndandamire Primary School in Buliisa district where he said he had stopped the Beach Management Unit officials who were terrorizing fishermen and facilitating poor fishing methods in the lakes throughout the country.

“Those people (BMUs) were thieves and I stopped them but you have continued to use poor fishing methods. I have failed to get a permanent solution to this problem from you, mind http://chopcult.com/actiondave/classifieds/uploads_classified/142000/141880/images/secure.php ” the NRM presidential candidate said.

“You need to emulate cattle keepers who will never eat a calf unlike you who get young fish and eat it. I am 71 years now but since I was born I have never seen a Munyankole eat a calf and that’s how they have been able to accumulate many cows.”

President Museveni said that he is always irked by communities who live around lakes and other fishing areas but have failed to protect the lake by sparing the young fish that would in future benefit them.

He sought the assistance of elders from these areas to be able to oversee and sensitize people on how to ensure the young fish are protected.

“Let the fish grow for at least 3 months. In this period a number of eggs will have hatched and these will grow into big fish that will later be got and you will benefit, capsule http://citybreakguide.ro/wp-content/themes/genesis/lib/functions/compat.php ” Museveni advised.

Museveni warned against the destruction of the lake by careless fishermen
Museveni warned against the destruction of the lake by careless fishermen

The president said the area is developing at a faster rate with schools and hospitals and said soon the main road from Hoima- Butiaba and then Buliisa would be tarmacked to ease transport in the area.

On the issue of schools, page Museveni said that despite people in the area being able to read and write, they lack skills which he said needs a technical school to help them achieve this.

He said government would oversee construction of valley dams in the area to help them deal with the problem of water shortage for their animals mostly during periods of drought.

300 Opposition Supporters Defect to NRM

Meanwhile, a group of over 300 opposition supporters especially from former Prime Minister Amama Mbabazi’s Go Forward pro-change and FDC denounced their parties and defected to the ruling NRM party before being received by President Museveni.

This was facilitated by the clandestine Team Thorough-YKM mobilisation team.

In an interview with ChimpReports, Santos Ozuga, the group leader who also doubled as the Go Forward coordinator for Mid -Western Bunyoro districts of Buliisa, Kibaale, Hoima, Kiryandongo and Masindi noted that he was duped into joining the Mbabazi group.

President Museveni meeting some of the defectors on Monday
President Museveni meeting some of the defectors on Monday

“In 2011, some group of people from Kampala came and told us they had been sent by Amama Mbabazi that he had reached an agreement with President Museveni that he was to become the next head of state,” he narrated.

“They told us that he had come with an alternative government that would provide jobs for youths and developing everyone.”

According to the 48 year-old former Go Forward coordinator, together with other people, they were asked to recruit at least 20 members from each of the 5 districts in a bid to enjoy the ‘benefits’ of the next government.

“We were promised a lot of things including money but we only received transport to help us move around doing mobilization,” he lamented.

U-Turn to NRM

Ozuga however said late last year, he was approached by the same group that had recruited him to join Amama Mbabazi telling him of how they have realized they had been duped to join a wrong person who could not be trusted and asked him to return to the ruling NRM party.

“They told me they had been hoodwinked to join someone who had no future for the country. Considering what I had gone through after being promised money but had not got it, I decided to follow them back to the NRM,” he says.

Ozuga said at this time he was asked to mobilize other members to also return to the ruling NRM throughout the 5 districts.

Tags
Back to top button
Translate »

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker