Murdered Enid Twijukye’s Mother Unhappy with Case Progress

Esther Mirembe, troche the mother to Enid Twijukye the 22 year old who was killed by her boyfriend late last year, generic has expressed disdain over the sluggish handling of the case.

On December, sickness 4, 2016, Twijukye, a   second year student at MUBS, was killed before her body was dumped in Seeta along Jinja road.

Investigations would later reveal that her boyfriend, Brian Bagyenda, a pharmacist and son to Internal Security Organization (ISO) boss, Maj.Kaka Bagyenda orchestrated the murder, in love-gone-bad circumstances.

Bagyenda was arrested and charged together with Innocent Bainomugisha (24) and Vincent Rwamire (28) both shamba boys in Luzira, with  murder.

Late Enid Twijukye
Late Enid Twijukye

However on Tuesday, for the 5th time, Nakawa Grade One Magistrate Margret Aanyu adjourned the case to May for mentioning after the state prosecutors claimed investigations are still incomplete.

The deceased’s mother told  ChimpReports thereafter, that she was saddened by the continued delay in finalizing with investigations and the subsequent mentioning of the case before the file is committed to High Court for trial.

“We don’t know what they are still investigating yet the boy confessed to having murdered my daughter,” Mirembe cried.

“The only problem is that we don’t know the procedures of these murder cases but we think there is still nothing to investigate since he confessed.”

Brian Bagyenda(L) together with co-accused being taken to court.
Brian Bagyenda(L) together with co-accused arrive at court.

Twijukye’s mother was speaking in light of a recording that a few months ago went viral in which the 29 year old pharmacist was  reportedly heard confessing to investigators of having hired the 2 shamba boys to eliminate his lover.

She says the family is incurring many expenses in coming to the Nakawa Chief Magistrate’s court only for the case to be adjourned.

“We don’t know how long one has to on remand on remand before being committed for trial. It is so expensive for us to keep coming here and they say investigations are still going on. What are they still investigating?”

The deceased’s father, Mr. Wilson Tibigaya however has a different view on how the case is moving.

“We were told a criminal case takes 6 months before the accused is committed for trial. I am still satisfied with how the case is going,” Mr.Tibigaya said.

The deceased’s elder sister, Eve Turigye too was confident the case is moving in the right direction.

“We are following up the case closely.  We are on top of it .We are very sure that no one is above the law, “Turigye added.

Nakawa Grade One Magistrate, Margret Aanyu adjourned the case to May 9th for mentioning.

Back to top button
Translate »

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker