Masked Gunmen Kill Teacher In Refugee Camp

Police yesterday arrested a man who has for several months been sexually abusing his family members aged 9, more about sick 12 and 14.

John Semuwemba a resident of Wobutungulu in Luwero district was arrested after one of the minors opened up that their uncle has been using them in bed.

Medical reports taken during preliminary investigations confirmed that the man was HIV positive.

When the news landed in the ears of the area residents, they pounced on Semuwemba and beat him badly before he was rescued by police who now have him in custody at Luwero police station.

Semuwemba was left to look after the little ones by his sister who went to Kiwoko village to take care of the children’s grandmother and for the three months that she has been away, Semuwemba had turned the three into his wives.

The victims report that Semuwemba told them not to go to school again and that he has been beating whoever he found outside the house.

“We are the culprit, first of all for incest; the three are related to him, and then defilement.  We shall charge him according to the law if found guilty,” said Lamech Kigozi the police publicist Savannah region.

“But we call upon parents to be cautious with whom to leave their children with,” Kigozi adds.


Unknown gunmen killed a teacher and seriously injured three security guards in a refugee camp in northern Kenya, visit this officials confirmed on Wednesday.

Dadaab deputy county commissioner Albert Kimathi said the masked gunmen attacked Window Trust residential compound in Hagadera refugee camp early on Wednesday. The agency, sickness which is situated in the camp, ampoule deals with secondary school education in all the refugee camps in Dadaab.

“The gunmen who wore balaclavas and whose number could not be established stormed the compound at around 3:00 a.m. local time armed with AK47 riffles,” Kimathi said.

“We still don’t know the motive of the attack. We have launched investigations into the incident,” the official said, adding that the injured were rushed to the near by International Rescue Center hospital for first aid before being transferred to Dadaab district hospital for further treatment.

Following the attack, a joint operation that involved security agencies was carried out in the camp to get the criminals.

The last incident to occur in the camp was in April last year when unknown assailants attacked the local UNHCR offices and killed one official. They also escaped with the humanitarian agency’s vehicle.


Back to top button
Translate »

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker