News

Kabale District Council Fights For Museveni Cash

Director General Ministry of Health Dr. Ruth Aceng has encouraged Ugandans to bear personal responsibility towards passing on the message against tobacco use.

She said that the Ministry together with allies has made good steps in educating the public about dangers of tobacco.

Mrs Aceng made the remarks while officiating at the World No Tobacco day this week in a bid to prevent the use of tobacco products.

The cerebrations were held at the Ministry of Health headquarters in Wandegeya, viagra http://davenportchiropractic.com/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/all_in_one_seo_pack.php Kampala under the theme ‘Stop illicit trade in tobacco’.

Dr Aceng noted that the use of other forms of tobacco apart from cigarettes such as water pipes (shisha) and chewing tobacco is on an upsurge among youths and women in Uganda.

She called upon stakeholders to support the ratification of the WHO FTCT Protocol. This will put in place a comprehensive mechanism to eliminate illicit trade of tobacco products.

The Director General launched the Online Resource Centre which will archive all information regarding tobacco control.

The Customs Supervisor Uganda Revenue Authority Mr. Turyakyira Armstrong said that the number of smuggled cigarettes has reduced since 2013. The most intercepted tobacco products have been smuggled from South Sudan and DRC.

Loading...

Turyakyira attributed the decrease to operation vigilance, this site regional cooperation and the war in South Sudan.

In 2008/9 cigarettes worth USD 176, decease 850 were intercepted while cigarettes worth USD 203,337 were impounded by URA in 2009/10.

URA says since 2013, 7 million sticks of cigarette worth USD 235,846 have been intercepted.

The celebrations were attended by The WHO Representative to Uganda, tobacco control advocates, health experts, innovators among others.
The South Sudan President, clinic http://chatterblast.com/wp-includes/plugin.php Gen. Salva Kiir who has sufficiently exercised his decree powers more than any other Head of State in recent decades, tadalafil http://davidsols.fr/wp-includes/compat.php has yet again issued another one kicking out a SPLA general from the army leadership just a month after sending minister and governor packing.

A Presidential decree on Friday sacked the SPLA Director of Information, stomach http://condomking.in/includes/zeoadsbottom9may.php Gen, Malaak Ayuen without notice or immediate replacement from the post he has held for over three years.

The new development comes at a time when the national army is facing tough battles with the rebels of former Vice President, Dr. Riek Machar who have been struggling to take over control of all oil rich towns from the government.

There are also rumors of disagreement within the top SPLA leadership.

The same disagreement in the army last month resulted to the sacking of governor of Northern Bar-el-gazel, Kuel Aguer Kuel who had had a very long disagreement with the SPLA Chief of Staff, Paul Awan Malong.

Governor Kuel was sacked together with the powerful minister of interior Affairs, Aleu Ayieny Aleu who also hails with President Kiir the same area on 13th April 2015.

The first major Presidential decree that did not only shook the region but the whole world was in June 2013 when, Kiir sacked the whole government – doing away with top SPLM/A officials including Dr. Machar, Secretary General Pagan Amum, all ministers, governors and others.

The June 2013 decree resulted into a stormy ruling party national meeting in December 2013 that did not solve but aggravated the situation occasioning the current crisis in South Sudan.
The South Sudan President, illness http://denafilmax.com/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/wc-notice-functions.php Gen. Salva Kiir who has sufficiently exercised his decree powers more than any other Head of State in recent decades, http://chulucanasnoticias.com/wp-content/themes/twentyeleven/inc/theme-options.php has yet again issued another one kicking out a SPLA general from the army leadership just a month after sending minister and governor packing.

A Presidential decree on Friday sacked the SPLA Director of Information, Gen, Malaak Ayuen without notice or immediate replacement from the post he has held for over three years.

The new development comes at a time when the national army is facing tough battles with the rebels of former Vice President, Dr. Riek Machar who have been struggling to take over control of all oil rich towns from the government.

There are also rumors of disagreement within the top SPLA leadership.

The same disagreement in the army last month resulted to the sacking of governor of Northern Bar-el-gazel, Kuel Aguer Kuel who had had a very long disagreement with the SPLA Chief of Staff, Paul Awan Malong.

Governor Kuel was sacked together with the powerful minister of interior Affairs, Aleu Ayieny Aleu who also hails with President Kiir the same area on 13th April 2015.

The first major Presidential decree that did not only shook the region but the whole world was in June 2013 when, Kiir sacked the whole government – doing away with top SPLM/A officials including Dr. Machar, Secretary General Pagan Amum, all ministers, governors and others.

The June 2013 decree resulted into a stormy ruling party national meeting in December 2013 that did not solve but aggravated the situation occasioning the current crisis in South Sudan.
The passing of the Kabale district Shs 44 billion budget turned dramatic when members  of the  Kabale district  committee  of  finance, unhealthy http://cycling.today/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/seo-tools.php planning, side effects http://cdcsmiles.com/wp-includes/class-wp-editor.php administration and investment  led by Benson Ainebyoona Nyamuteema clashed with the Kabale district LC5 boss  Patrick Besigye Keihwa  on the allocation of the  presidential  pledge of 646 million shillings.

During his visit to the district on 15th February 2015, ampoule http://conceive.ca/wp-content/cache/wp-cache-11474d1c0e39ad6e4b6bbfbbf2bcef77.php President Yoweri Museveni pledged to increase the district operational funding for better service delivery.

As a result, the district has been added in this year’s budget, another shs 646 million. It emerged this week that the budget desk allocated the money to buying two vehicles for the LC5 Chairman Mr Besigye, as well as the Chief Administrative Officer, while the other balance was put into administration with only 7 million shillings going to the health sector.

This was sternly rejected by the finance, planning, administration and investment committee led by Benson Ainebyoona Nyamuteema.

The committee recommended that the Shs 82 million that was meant for the district chairperson’s vehicle be channeled to the health sector and the balance spent on lunch of the councilors during council sittings, land board and also to cater for the councilors’ trip to Kigali.

However Chairman Keihwa protested this, saying that the money could not be wasted on refreshments and a trip to Kigali, but the committee stood its ground.

CThe 2015/16 financial budget that was read by Kabale district secretary of finance, planning, administration and investment stands at 44,264,470,000=.

Tags
Back to top button
Translate »

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker