News

House Fire: Two Babies Burn to Ashes in Wakiso Town

Kampala Metropolitan Police is investigating a fire in which two children were burnt to death in Wakiso district.

The juveniles died from a house fire on Friday night at around 8 pm.

Territorial police says that at about 8 pm, they received a ‘distress call’ from members of the community about a fire outbreak in a house belonging to a one Godfrey Lule, 40, a resident of Kisimbiri A village, Kisimbiri Parish Wakiso Town Council in Wakiso District.

“At the scene, the police discovered that two juveniles Cyrus Lule, 9 months, and Jeremiah Muhingo, 2, were burned to death in the house,” said Patrick Onyango, the Kampala Metropolitan Police spokesperson.

It is alleged that the mother to the deceased children only identified as Agnes, left a charcoal stove inside the house, which caused the fire.

Preliminary reports indicate that she had gone out of the house to a party nearby and her husband was also not at home at the time of accident.

However, upon receiving information, the mother to the deceased babies became unconscious and was admitted to hospital.

Meanwhile, police has conveyed the two bodies to the city mortuary for postmortem.

Tags
Back to top button
Translate »

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker