A four year old boy was last night killed by fire while his 35 year old mother escaped with serious injuries when fire gutted their house in Kirigime ward, more about Kabale Municipality.
The fire, online which started at around 10 pm destroyed all household materials and burnt to death the boy, Julius Manige.
The mother Immaculate Kyomugisha was rescued by neighbors and was rushed to Kabale regional referral hospital.
Lillian Kawara, a neighbor says she heard the child crying, and together with others they rushed there and managed to break through the window.
The mother Kyomugisha was found in deep sleep and as she was drunk, having spent the day on a bar.
The fire is believed to have been restarted by a cigarette piece she was smoking.