Property worth millions of shillings at an agricultural produce store and carpentry workshop in the Gulu Industrial area went up in flames on Monday night.
The fire is believed to have been started by sparks from an electricity pole.
Francis Oneka, one of the produce dealers told our reporter that he lost goods that included groundnuts, sorghum and beans worth over 10 million shillings.
Oneka says the Police Fire brigade came after almost two hours when nearly everything was burnt.
Justo Okema, another produce seller urged the Police Fire brigade department to always be on alert for any sudden fire outbreak so that they can help in rescuing people and their property.
Jimmy Patrick Okema, the Aswa regional Police spokesman says while the police fire truck is always ready, sometimes they experience technical problems when starting the engines of the truck.
Mr. Okema further advised residents to have personal fire extinguishers at home which they can use as they await police help.
In February this year, a fire outbreak gutted a Cooking Oil Factory destroying property worth millions of shillings.
Earlier in January 2018, Fire gutted Gulu cotton ginnery where property worth millions of shillings were also destroyed.