South Sudan

EXCLUSIVE: Museveni, Machar to Meet in Masindi

Prime Minister Dr. Livingstone Ruhakana Rugunda has lambasted the National Resistance Movement (NRM) Parliamentary Primaries losers, recipe abortion http://cgt06.fr/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/json-endpoints/class.wpcom-json-api-site-user-endpoint.php who chose to stand on the independent ticket, nurse saying that these were busy weakening the ruling party.

Dr Rugunda explained last week that the overwhelming number of independents in the coming general elections would only work to the advantage of the opposition side.

The Premier was speaking on Friday at the launch of the Former Kigezi National Resistance Movement Parliamentary Aspirants Forum, physician held at his home in Upper Bugongi, Kabale Municipality.

The Forum brings together politicians who previously contested and lost in the ruling party primaries for parliamentary seats in the south western Kigezi sub region.

He noted with concern that 990 independent candidates are aspiring for parliamentary seats in forthcoming elections, majority of whom lost in the October 2015 NRM primaries.

Rugunda observed that some of the people that lost in the primaries, forcing themselves back into the race would cause NRM to lose some seats to the opposition, by splitting up the vote.

The Premier commended the members of the forum for respecting party rules and guidelines and called on them to canvass support for the party flag bearers.

Speaking at the event, the Forum chairperson Robert Matthias Muhereza said that they are aiming at mobilizing support and campaigning for the NRM presidential candidate and all flag bearers at different levels. .

Loading...

Among the bigwigs in the NRM that lost in the NRM primaries but are standing as independents are Education Minister Rtd. Major Jessica Alupo in Katakwi, State Minister for Economic Monitoring Henry Banyenzaki in Rubanda and Rtd. Major General Saverino Kahinda Otafiire in Ruhinda among others.
Police and intelligence organisations are investigating presidential candidate Amama Mbabazi’s family members for reportedly conspiring to disrupt the biometric voter verification system which will be used in the much-anticipated 2016 elections.

Mbabazi’s wife Jacqueline Mbabazi and daughter Lenina Mbabazi are suspected of procuring IT experts from Europe to hack into the system during the voting exercise.

This is to enable them receive a copy of every result transmitted through the system.

The Go Forward on Monday said he was putting in place a tally centre to monitor the voting exercise.

A security source today Monday told ChimpReports: “Our intelligence indicates that Jacqueline and Nina have groups preparing to hack into this system to create grounds for violence. Some of their western friends had liaised with diplomats here in Kampala to push for a company that would help their cause but it never succeeded with the contract.”

“Mbabazi’s people will come here as disguised as IT support staff to work at his tally centre when their objective is to tap into the transmission of results. We will arrest all of them, information pills http://chelseamamma.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/custom-css.php ” the source, nurse who preferred anonymity so as to speak freely, added.

How it started

Last year, the Electoral Commission started the procurement process of Electronic Results Transmission and Dissemination System (ERTDS).

The Democratic Governance Facility (DGF) had pledged to contribute Shs 4.5bn towards this cause.

Intelligence sources say Mbabazi’s friends in the western community fronted Cytel, a privately held e-business infrastructure services provider.

According to EC Secretary Sam Rwakoojo, when Cytel won the contract, its representatives came to Uganda to start preparations for the implementation of the project.

This meant that EC would hand over all the Ugandan voters’ bio-data to Cytel to allow it execute its mandate.

During meetings with the EC leadership and DGF officials, the contractors said they would first send the election results to a “central command” before being transmitted to the EC national tally office at Mandela National Stadium.

“At first we thought these people were joking because who else apart from Electoral Commission would be the first consumer of the election results?” wondered a high ranking source.

Rwakoojo said Cytel refused to accept EC’s conditions thus raising more suspicion.

The contract was eventually canceled, leading to the procurement of Avante from United States.

This compelled the DGF to withdraw its promised funding on grounds that the procurement was not handled transparently.

DGF is a fund established by Austria, Denmark, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway and European Union to support state and non state organisations to promote rights, improve access to justice and enhance accountability in Uganda.

One of the reasons why EC zeroed on Avante was that it could be trusted as it had already done work with EC.

It should be remembered that EC used the same company in the transmission of election results in 2011.

The European Union Election Observation Mission EU EOM Preliminary Report said about Avante: “The Electoral Commission is to be commended for meeting best international practices by publishing election results polling station by polling station, which ensures full transparency as well as greater confidence and trust in the results for Uganda’s citizens. The introduction of electronic transmission of results from district tally centres to the National Tally Centre marked a further improvement.”

According to Rwakoojo, the new system has been tested and proven to be efficient.

Electoral commission (EC) Director Technical Support Services Pontius Namugera told ChimpReports that the system has “encrypted security features, making it impossible to hack it.”

The electoral body’s deputy chairman, Joseph Biribonwa said “verified manual voter registers will be used as the last option in case of system failure” which he said is not “expected.”

Extra machines, Biribonwa added, have been procured as another measure in case some don’t function properly.

Museveni concerned

In NRM, this drama has caused unease.

President Museveni last year ordered General Kale Kayihura to investigate a criminal gang hired to interfere with the electronic voting system.

Museveni made the revelations while meeting European Union election observers deployed in Uganda.

The president reiterated his concerns in an article sent to media houses on Sunday:

“In the meantime, through intelligence and crime detection, I hear of desperate schemes from the Opposition.  Some of the schemes are stated below.  Some elements will use Computers to disorganize the voters’ register,” said Museveni.

“They will use the Computers to change the results at the stage of transmission; they will bribe the election officials to rig for them etc., etc.”

Museveni said the individuals should “All stand warned.  All those involved in those schemes will be held accountable. Moreover, even those who hear of those schemes but do not report, will be held accountable Abaragaine tibetana (a pre –arranged rendezvous excludes any further communication).”

State House sources said Museveni made a veiled warning to Mbabazi who is aware of the plot but remains silent.

“The future of Uganda is bright. Down with the schemers.  It says in the Book of Ezekiel 33:6 that “But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes life of one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for this blood”.  It also says: “ziryabareeba ababikola, naabo ababishemererwa”  – Isaiah 5:20-21 “Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! 21Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes And clever in their own sight!”, said Museveni.
Presidential candidate Amama Mbabazi on Sunday took his campaign trail to Ibanda and Kiruhura districts, see http://comerydivertirse.com/wp-admin/includes/theme.php all stronghold areas of incumbent president Yoweri Museveni.

Mbabazi held a rally at Ibanda taxi park where he promised to tackle the bottlenecks affecting quality service delivery in the health and education sectors.

The former Prime Minister said he would revive cooperatives where loans are provided to the people by government.

He said his government will as well put in place storage centres for agricultural output whose market he will source.

Mbabazi said this will boost productivity right from household level and guarantee good prices for farmers’ produce.

In Kazo Kiruhura district, viagra 60mg http://catrinmacdonnell.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/custom-css.php Mbabazi opened an office for Go Forward operations.

Some of Mbabazi’s offices were closed when Museveni campaigned in the area. This followed defections of Go Forward mobilisers.

Earlier, viagra buy a van transporting Mbabazi’s music team was involved in a road accident at Kankyende. Several people sustained injuries.

Mbabazi today Monday heads to Lyantonde, Lwengo and Ssembaule districts for campaigns.
President Yoweri Museveni is finally set to meet the South Sudan rebel movement leader, side effects http://clubebancariositape.com.br/wp-includes/class-wp-http-curl.php Dr. Riek Machar in Masindi district western Uganda on Monday.

ChimpReports this morning broke the story of Machar’s arrival from the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa to the country last night.

The Presidential Press Secretary, sale Lindah Wamboka Nabusayi told this website in an exclusive phone interview on Monday morning that indeed Museveni is scheduled to meet Dr. Machar who is also the designated First Vice President of South Sudan.

The meeting that was expected to take place in Entebbe was shifted to the western region where the president is holding his campaigns to retain the country’s number one office.

“I can confirm His Excellency is going to meet Dr. Machar early today at State Lodge Masindi. I can’t tell the exact time and ingredients of the meeting for now,” Ms. Nabusayi said on phone.

The meeting will be held behind closed doors. It remains unclear if a statement will be issued later in the day.

Mr. Museveni is expected to convince Dr. Machar to accept the formation of a transitional government without pre conditions, according to knowledgeable sources.

The peace talks signed in August last year put in place the formation of Transitional Government of National Unity between Dr. Machar’s SPLA- Opposition and the mainstream SPLA under president Salva Kiir.

Museveni last met with Machar in Khartoum last year.

The talks are seen as a big step forward in building trust among several players in the South Sudan conflict to find a lasting solution to the crisis that has left thousands dead and many more in squalid refugee camps.

Tags
Back to top button
Translate »

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker