As Uganda braces for the likely outbreak of the deadly coronavirus, the national carrier Uganda Airlines has Thursday announced it will be cutting most of its scheduled flights
The airline, following in the footsteps of other airlines in the region and around the world, announced it will be suspending flights to up to six destinations.
Among the suspended flights is the daily one to Nairobi in the afternoon hours.
Uganda Airlines, which is still straining to get a foothold on the regional market announced that it will be offering a waiver for change fees on all fares across our network effective immediately till 30th June 2020.
Below is the list of flights that have been suspended.
NBO / Nairobi
- Reduced Frequency for EBBNBOEBB. Flight No UR206/207 (Afternoon) will be suspended effective Monday 23rd March till further notice.
- The rest of the flights UR202/203 (Morning) and UR204/205 (Evening) will remain in operation.
MGQ / Mogadishu
- Flight No. UR520/521 EBBMGQEBB is suspended effective Thursday 19th March 2020. All operations to Somalia suspended until further notice.
BJM / Bujumbura
- Reduced Frequency for EBBBJMEBB. Flight No UR360/361 is suspended effective Sunday 29 th March 2020 until further notice.
- The rest of the weekly flights UR360/361 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday will remain in operation.
ZNZ / Zanzibar
- Flights to Zanzibar will be suspended effective Monday 23rd March 2020 until further notice. iv) JRO / Kilimanjaro
- Flights to Kilimanjaro will be suspended effective Monday 23 rd March 2020 until further notice v) MBA / Mombasa
- Flights to Mombasa will be suspended effective Monday 23 rd March 2020 until further notice