|Ministry of Health Advisory|
|Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert: Avoid travel, parties, and events. Follow expert advice to protect your family.|
Fear has started mounting in the western Kanungu district about a possible outbreak of the deadly Covid-19, after a man showed multiple symptoms of the virus.
The suspect is a tour guide and resident of Kameme in Kihihi Sub County.
He is currently isolated at Kihihi Health Centre IV in Kihihi Town Council.
The patient is reported to have started feeling unwell on 11th March 2020 but he reported himself to the facility on Saturday 14th March 2020.
Kato Besisira, the District Health Inspector says that the patient who is now in the Isolation Unit reported to the facility with chest pain, flu, cough and cold.
Besisira says on arrival, the patient was immediately isolated at the facility under supervision of the Health Unit In-charge and other facility staff.
The Tour guide later confided to the health workers that in the past two weeks he had been travelling with Canadian tourists where they now suspect that his condition could have originated from.
“We have already communicated with Medical Teams International in Matanda and the Ministry of Health about the case and we are sending his blood samples to Virus Research Institute (UVRI) in Entebbe on Sunday March 15th 2020 to confirm the tests” said Besisira.
Dr Stephen Ssebudde the Kanungu District Health Officer says the district is keenly following the matter up.
“I have received the news but we’re still investigating to establish the real truth; the confirmation will be availed soon”. said Dr Ssebude.
Uganda stands at a high risk of contracting the scourge (COVID-19) after her neighbors Kenya, Rwanda, Democratic Republic of Congo and Sudan have already confirmed their first cases of corona virus.
Coronavirus was first heard about in Wuhan city of China in December 2019.