On Saturday, Aziz Damani Masaka were crowned as the Champions of the 2018 Mehta Premier league after the team defeated defending champions Olila High in a final played at Lugogo Cricket Oval.
Damani’s Immaculate Nakisuyi were on the same evening awarded with the best player of the series, which came as a no surprise following her incredible displays throughout the tourney.
“This is a great achievement for me, I congratulate my fellow teammates for the good job – and to Oila, hard luck, there has to be one winner,” commented a very shy Nakisuuyi.
Nakisuyi totalled 207 runs with the bat, picked 12 wickets for 99 runs in 29.1 overs and six dismissals.
In the finals, Nakisuuyi was also the named the player of the match – She registered 3/10 in 4 overs before posting 30 runs off 19 balls to haunt her former team in a 5 wicket victory.
Team mates Mariah Kagoya (Best wicket keeper), Teddy Ayala (Best bowler) and Saidat Kemigisa (Best Batsman) were also awarded.
All winners picked a gong together with packed Sugar courtesy of Tournament sponsor, Mehta group.
Individual Accolade Winners for the Mehta Premier League 2018.
1. Best Wicket Keeper – Mariah Kagoya (Damani Masaka CC) – 18 dismissals
2. Best Fielder – Apio Joyce Mary ( Olila CC) – 16 dismissals
3. Best Bowler – Teddy Ayella (Damani Masaka) – 16 Wickets for 89 runs
4. Best Batsman – Saidat Kemigisha (Damani Masaka CC) – 261 runs
5. Player of Series – Immaculate Nakisuuyi ( Damani Masaka CC) – 207 runs, picked 12 wickets for 99 runs in 29.1 overs and 6 dismissals.