Football

Busoga United Explain Absence From FUFA-Club Captains Consultative Meeting

On Saturday 1st August, the Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA) held a successful consultative meeting with Uganda Premier League and FUFA Big League captains that represented their respective clubs.

The meeting was chaired by the FUFA president Eng Moses Magogo Hashim and only Eleven captains were in attendance.

Other officials in attendance were Fred Tamale (Delegate Uganda Football Players’ Association), Darius Mugoye (FUFA 2nd Vice President), Chris Kalibbala (Exco Members), Hamid Juma (FUFA EXCO Member/ Chairman Competitions Committeee), Hajjat Aisha Nalule (Competitions Director) and Decolas Kiiza (FUFA Secretariat – Deputy CEO-Football).

Among the many clubs which were not represented is the Jinja based side Busoga United FC that features in the Uganda Premier League.

The club’s management has since issued out a statement explaining their absence.

“The club did not receive the official communication via the official club email or via our new CEO’s personal email prior to the meeting but later at 10:00am from a UPL CEOs’ platform on the day of the meeting at Mengo.”

“Although we value such resourceful engagements, it was such on a short notice that we could not act positively as the letter so required. We thank FUFA for the commitment to the cause of professionalization of football and very optimistic that players shall be given another chance to learn about the plight of active players and plans for life after retirement.” Read the statement issued by the club management.

During the meeting, Magogo advised players to have authorized people to help negotiate contracts with clubs on their behalf and advised them to work on their brands as individuals in order to sell a good image to the public.

Loading...

He also revealed that FUFA has already received a letter from Government asking players to make a contribution to the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Pay As You Earn (PAYE).

It’s by law that employees pay 5% of their total monthly wages and their respective employers top up with 10% of employees’ total cash remuneration. Every member therefore saves 15% of their total monthly remuneration with NSSF.

The club captains from the Uganda Premier League present included Kulaba Jimmy (BUL FC), Paul Mucureezi (Vipers SC), Charles Lukwago (KCCA FC), Waswa Emma (Sc Villa), Osikol Isaac (MYDA FC), Ssenyonjo Hassan (Wakiso Giants FC), Kalanda Frank (Express FC), Muwanga Bernard (Bright Stars FC), and Kabuye Bashir (Police FC)

Okello Silvester (Maroons FC) and Buwembo Ronald (Kigezi Homboyz FC) were the only two captains who represented the FUFA Big League clubs.

Back to top button
Translate »

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker