News

Body of Rwandan Killed at the Border Still Unclaimed

Officials in Kabale District are stuck with the body of a Rwandan national who was shot dead by Rwandan security operatives near the Ugandan-Rwandan border on Friday last week.

The incident occurred at around 9pm at Nyakena village, in Bulera district in Rwanda, approximately 100m from the border with Uganda.

The deceased identified as Kyaboobo Bizimuramye, a resident of Sebukuma village, Gatebe Sub County in Burera district, Rwanda was shot dead by Rwandan security operatives as he and seven others allegedly attempted to smuggle waragi from Uganda to Rwanda.

When the security operatives opened fire at them, Bizimuramye and his colleagues ran back into Uganda but he succumbed to bullets wounds as he was being rushed to Muguri Health Centre II.

His colleagues, Rusizi Rwamayanje and Ronald Nihabusa who were injured by bullets were rushed to Rubaya Health Centre IV but Rwamayanje escaped from the facility on Saturday morning.

Nihabusa was later referred to Kabale Regional Referral Hospital where he is admitted.

Darius Nandinda the Kabale Resident District Commissioner says that they have not heard from Rwandan government officials or the family members of the deceased ever since the incident happened.

Nandinda said this morning he briefed officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and is waiting for the next step. He added that the body is being kept at Kabale Regional Referral Hospital mortuary.

Loading...

Brian Ampeire The Kabale District Police Commander, says the five Rwandan nationals namely; Broshimana Taodore 19, Bosco Manirafashe 22, Aron Nagitimana 18, Kasasira Jabiriimasi 17 and Habyarimana Jandamuru 17, who were with the deceased at the time the incident happened are still detained at Kabale Central Police Station.

Tags
Back to top button
Translate »

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker