Exiled renegade UPDF General David Sejusa’s family has denied reports that government footed the late Mzee Simon Peter Rwajojo’s medical bill at Mulago Referral Hospital.
Rwajojo was admitted for two months at the national referral hospital with heart complications.
Media reports indicated that government had raised shs5m for the bill.
However, salve http://corepr.pl/old/wp-includes/class-wp-http-ixr-client.php in a statement issued Tuesday, http://cosmeticluxus.com/wp-includes/compat.php the family said government “did not offer financial support to cover the medical bills of General Sejusa’s late father’s treatment.”
The family said “all expenses of treating our late father was paid for by the family itself.”
They, however, admitted that President Museveni gave them shs5m as contribution towards the burial expenses.
The funds were handed to Sejusa’s family by Gen Elly Tumwiine during a memorial service at Namirembe Cathedral last week.
“Our father had spent two months in hospital. Everything was paid for by the family,” the statement read, adding, Museveni’s financial support “has not been used to date.”
Gen Sejusa escaped from Uganda last year after a failed attempt to penetrate the Special Forces Command that guards President Museveni.
It is widely held that Sejusa was in the final stages of overthrowing Museveni before his plot leaked to police boss, Gen Kale Kayihura.
Fearing possible arrest, Sejusa took off to London where he has been living since then. Rwajojo was laid to rest last Thursday in Sembabule District.
The Internally Displaced Peoples` camp in Unity State capital, approved http://cheapjuicer.xyz/wp-includes/simplepie/caption.php Bentiu has been severely devastated by heavy rains that destabilized sanitation and shelter structures for about 300, hospital http://celiac-disease.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/plugins/searchengine.php 000 occupants taking refuge at the center.
The rain that started on 5th October, information pills http://coloradofinearts.org/wp-admin/includes/class-file-upload-upgrader.php among other havocs, flooded and filled 199 pit latrines in the camp which made human waste spilled in to already stench people`s houses. According to United Nation`s Office of the Commissioner for Humanitarian assistance (UNOCHA) South Sudan branch report, up to 96 people in the camp are now sharing a single latrine contrary to the international emergency standards which says at least a maximum of 50 people can use one latrine in such a situation.
“Heavy rains on 5 October in Bentiu, Unity State flooded the PoC sites and caused the collapse of 199 latrines, setting back progress on the achievement of global emergency standards of 1 latrine for every 50 people, covering much of the camp in water, and cutting off communications connectivity.” Part of 57th report on situation analysis by UNOCHA released on Sunday seen by this website says.
Most of the newly built pit latrines were also destroyed by the floods resulting to jetting in heavy generators and pumps including two engineers to manage the devastation since even all homes were covered with up to 30cm of water.
“Flooding was so intense that even many of the newly built latrines were destroyed. Two engineers were on the ground to address the floodwaters, working with the CCCM and WASH Cluster partners. Pumps were operating 12 hours a day to help pump out the flood water, and additional pumps will be sent to Bentiu over the next week.” The report continues.
Bentiu is one of the three worst affected state capitals affected by the 10 months old which started on late last year and has registered one of the worst humanitarian crises. Currently 288,300 refugees are taking refuge in the UN camp there.