Rtd. Col Shaban Bantariza has called for calm following his abrupt removal from the list of those contesting for the National Resistance Movement (NRM) Western Region Vice Chairmanship Post on Saturday.
Until last week, Bantariza who is also the Deputy Spokesperson of Government had been upbeat about scooping this position, only to be told that his name had been annulled.
According to media reports, this was due to the fact that he had not resigned his Government Job, an assertion he had previously brushed off in an interview with this website on August 3 2020.
“I am not a Civil Servant, under the politically Restrictive Civil Service Regulations. I am a Political Appointee by the President, not through the Public Service Commission (PSC). So, no legal encumbrances, at all!!” Bantariza stated then.
Concerned that his supporters could attack his contender Gen. Matayo Kyaligonza, Bantariza called for calm saying the Bush war general was also affected by this legal decision.
“I would however; like to implore our supporters, campaigners, volunteers and voters, not to direct any frustration towards General Kyaligonza, who previously, the legal excuses had been said to affect both of us!” he urged.
As such, he implored both flanks to cease fire and support President Yoweri Museveni’s decision for the greater good of NRM.
“For Now, kindly don’t unleash any frustration on General Matayo Kyaligonza. Let’s see how the Chairman, our Revolutionary Patriarch and President, handles his children of the same family. Let’s keep on sharing and exploring the best way forward,” he concluded.