Aviation police and sister security agencies have arrested two drug dealers who were set to deliver narcotic drugs to Cameroon and India.
According to Police, It’s recorded that on August 28, 2020, at about 2 pm at the National Aviation Services (NAS) Export bond, Entebbe International Airport, a one Mugabi Azaria of Sky Net Worldwide Express Courier Company took cargo for export under the master airway to the X-ray machine for security screening.
During the screening process, the Anti-Narcotics Police officers intercepted two packages at the house airway, each containing cream, powdered substances suspected to be narcotic drugs concealed in the packages’ false bottoms.
The shippers for the packages were Nannono Lydia and Nakawooya Juliet according to the documentation.
“Mugabi was tasked to produce the shippers and he led the police to Nannono. Upon interrogation, Nannono revealed that the package was given to her by a Nigerian national called Okafor Osita Rufus, who stays at Kitende in Kajjansi in Wakiso District,” Police said.
Nannono led Aviation police to the home of Okafor and he was arrested. The shipments destined to Cameroon were found to contain about 306 grams of cream, granular substance suspected to be heroin, according to the preliminary tests conducted.
The package which was being shipped by another suspect, who is still on the run, was destined for India. It was found to contain cream, powdered substances suspected to be heroin concealed in the false bottom of these boxes with a gross weight of 525 grams.
According to Aviation police, when a search was conducted at Okafor’s residence, the following were recovered;
- 10 packages of suspected methamphetamine 9393 grams.
- 485 tablets of suspected MDMA (Ecstacy) 113 grams.
- 23 small Sacket of suspected methamphetamine 20 grams.
- One pallet of suspected methamphetamine 12 grams.
- Some tablets mixed with powder substance suspected to be Ecstasy 16 grams.
- Other mixtures of powdered substance to be suspected to be Ecstacsy 65 grams.
- Money US $9500, Uganda Shs 98,000, Nigerian Naira 700, Indian Rupees 8360.
- Three passports of Okafor Osita RUFUS Nos AO939942, AO0202772 Band passport number AO 5547585 in the names of Ejike Jamal Lucky which is expired.
“The two suspects in our custody are Nannono Lydia and Okafor. They are being detained at Aviation police in Entebbe on charges of being in possession of narcotics and trafficking in narcotics. They are likely to appear in court this week.” Aviation Police revealed.