Two people were electrocuted and died instantly while 6 others suffered serious electric shock injuries and were rushed to hospital.
The accident happened yesterday Wednesday in Kakihanga village in Buyanja sub county, Rukungiri district
Kigezi Region Police Spokesman Elly Matte identified the deceased as Alex Nahurira, 52, and Rwabwera Ambrose who is aged 31.
The two met their deaths while trying to erect a funeral tent at the home of a local church leader, whose son Major Gorden Kakoko was slated be burried the following day — today 21st Dec. 2017.
In the process of setting up the tent according to eyewitnesses, a metal bar got in contact with live electric lines, killing the two instantly.
Matte said that the Police visited the scene and ordered a post-mortem after which the bodies were handed over to relatives.
The other six who suffered electric shocks were rushed to Nyakibale Hospital. They were identified as Monday Reagan, Bakutana Robert, Katera Davis, Banyendera Damiano , Tukamushaba Ronald and Muhangi Johnson.