Crime & Investigation

Wakiso: Kids Survive Night Fire

Nakato, 4, and Denilson Kabuye,5, survived fire which started from a candle and destroyed the whole house.

According to Tina Ssemakula, the owner of the house and grandmother to these kids, the fire started at around 10.00 pm on Thursday when she had gone to buy sugar from the nearby shop.

“As I was returning home, I found the fire had already burnt down our house but the neighbours helped me to call the police fire brigade because I had lost consciousness,” Ssemakula narrated.


The fire brigade which responded very fast managed to put out the fire.

All house equipments including her capital was destroyed, leaving Ssemakula helpless.

The DPC Nsangi police station, James Salaam, warned the public against carelessness when using with candles especially after leaving children in the house.

He gave Ssemakula Shs 300,000 so that she may start a new life.

Back to top button
Translate »

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker