Header advertisement

CAF CC: Slow Start Costs 10-man KCCA FC Against Rivers United

A poor display from Kampala Capital City Authority Football Club (KCCA FC) especially in the opening 45 minutes at Gowon Yakub stadium in Port Harcourt saw them lose 2-1 against Rivers United.

In the game played on Tuesday at a water logged Bernard Ovoke and Frederick Obomate fired Rivers United in an early lead before Geoofrey Sserunkuma pulled one back for KCCA FC.

The Ugandan side finished the game with a man less after defender Habib Kavuma was shown marching orders for a second bookable offence.
KCCA FC started the game on a slow note failing to march the pace of the home side and within 15 minutes, approved they were two goals down.

As early as the second minute, price Rivers United took the lead through Bernard Ovoke.Poor marking from the KCCA FC defenders saw Ovoke direct a ground cross from Sakin’s corner with relative ease into the back of the net.

This seemed to have disorganised KCCA FC with the home side dominating proceedings and making several other inroads.

Powerful and stocky forward Odumwengu fired a thunderbolt outside the area in the 12th minute but goalkeeper Douglas Kisembo was in position to save.

Two minutes later, viagra 100mg Geoffrey Sserunkuma got KCCA FC first shot at goal however, it too feeble and goalkeeper Akande saved with relative ease.

A quick transition on the other end saw Rivers United double their lead at the quarter hour mark through

A poor clearance from skipper Dennis Okot gifted Ovoke with the ball and he was quick to play a headed pass for Obomate who slotted at the bottom left side of the net leaving goalkeeper Douglas Kisembo almost static.

The home side continued to be rampant and had a penalty claim minutes later when Ovoke fell down but referee turned the appeal down.

Ovoke who proved to be a thorn in the foot for KCCA FC defence also got another chance to extend the lead but missed the target faced with just an empty goal as his header sailed above the goal area.

With the game destined for the mandatory break, Serunkuma revamped KCCA FC hopes of a comeback firing home at the death of the clock.

The veteran forward was in position to fire home after Derrick Nsibambi’s chest pass off Mutyaba’s free kick met him unmarked in the box and he did no mistake to fire home.

KCCA FC returned a better side upon restart and marched Rivers United for the closing stages of the game.

Goalkeeper Douglus Kisembo limped off after sustaining a knee injury, five minutes into the second half and was replaced by Benjamin Ochan.

Youngsters Allan Okello and Julius Polo to were also later
Derrick Nsibambi almost levelled matters with 4 minutes to stoppage but was unlucky as his tap past onrushing goalkeeper Akande went wide.

The result means Rivers United now move second on the table on 6 points with KCCA FC dropping 3rd with same points. Group A leaders FUS Rabat who take on Club Africain on Wednesday morning also have 6 points.

KCCA FC have two more games two play, one against FUS Rabat at home and the other against Club Africain away in Tunis.

KCCA FC starting XI
Douglas Kisembo,Dennis Okot,Isaac Muleme,Timothy Awany,Habib Kavuma,Tom Masiko,Muzamir Mutyaba,Allan Okello,Geoffrey Sserunkuma,Derrick Nsibambi,Julius Poloto


To Top